Monday 5 September 2016

Words


Words are such a large part of our lives. We use them to communicate verbally and through writing. They tell stories, instruct us on laws, science, and history. 
We should almost call ourselves experts at word use. However frequently it's our words that will be the very source of miscommunication. 
Of course this can be contributed to many factors. Body language can convey about 60% of our meaning without the use of words. Words can mean slightly different things to different people groups, they may be foreign words, or not our heart words.

Yet we persist in using words. 

Recently I have been reading a bible study focused around the soul. A large part of the study has focused on words we speak and words we allow to affect our thinking.
A child can be made or destroyed through the words we speak to them. 
A war can be started or relationships restored, God even created simply with His Word. We know from John 1 that the word of God is Jesus. 
Creation is literally made through Jesus, so when we read that we are a new creation in Christ, we know it is because Jesus is speaking for and through us.
I am challenged to use words wisely, to encourage and not decieve, to speak life and not discord.

Its also through words that I felt propmted to do more at church. I was thinking in the service how I would like to be involved. Then after the service a friend asked if I would like to be involved in preaching. Now Im no great preacher and I don't feel like I am any great expositer of The Word, but hearing the words after propmting its hard to ignore Christ when he leads. 

Often we worry about "am I doing the right thing? What does God want me to do?"
I say live for Christ and speak His Loving word, He will guide you with the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment